Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

A little late but better late than never.

One week ago Matt and I celebrated 13 years of marriage. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life and to be able to call him my husband and the father to my children. I truly believe that God knew when He made us that He made us for each other. We have always been around one another growing up and didn't know it. We had family that participating in things together, he played ball against/with my cousins, his nephew went to my grandmothers daycare. The world is just so small, but it was all in God's plan.

We have had our ups and downs but through it all God has been right with us and when we let him he leads us down the right path. Our first adoption brought us closer and I hope and pray that this process will do the same.

On the Adoption Front:

We are still patiently waiting. We are waiting for grants to come through hopefully this month. We are waiting for a birthmother to choose us for her child. We have reapplied for one grant that we know we weren't awarded. We are still researching grants and placement agencies. We are looking to expand our chances by applying to a few different agencies across the country to hopefully get a better chance in being chosen. The problem with that is with many of these agencies, their fees are much higher than All Blessings. So we have to work even harder to raise funds. But we know that God will bring us the right birthmother and right child. I continue to pray for her, even though I don't know her and if she crosses your mind, please say a prayer.

Our Current Fundraising Efforts:

Thirty One Order
We are taking up an order for 31 that we will get a portion of the proceeds. If you are intersted in ordering something please let me know. The new Spirit collection is 50% off this month and embroidery is still $5. Let me know if you are intersted in ordering. We will be closing the order on August 15th.

Benefit Dinner Planning/Organizing
We are going to start planning our spaghetti or chili supper very soon. Thinking that it will take place sometime in October. Lots of work to do to get ready for it, but I know it will be worth it. We already have a few auction items (Candleberry Candle basket & a Nice Brand New Kids Train Table) and are going to start looking at locations and getting other donations. If you know of anyone who would like to donate something or you would yourself, please let us know. If you would like to help us with organizing this benefit, please feel free to contact me and we will set up a time to meet and start planning.

Another Yard Sale
We will be having one last yard sale for the year. It will be September 15th. We are not looking for any major donations at this time. We have a TON of clothing left from the last yard sale, but if you have any household items, furniture, baby stuff or kids toys lying around, let me know. We would happy to take these things off of your hands.

And on with the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment