Monday, August 27, 2012

Good News!!!

I love good news on not so good days. I haven't felt very good today and when I got home Matt hadn't checked the mail, so I got to check the mail (which doesn't happen too often). When I checked it there was a lot of mail, which again is not normal. So as I am going through it I see an envelope with a very familiar logo. It was a letter from one of the Grant providers we had applied, Show Hope. I was so excited, I opened it and there it was an approval letter for $4000.

We received an adoption assistance grant in the amount of $4000.

I couldn't believe my eyes. The tears just started to flow and all I could do was thank God. I called Matt. He asked if I was shedding happy tears? Well of course I was, and I couldn't seem to stop. We are so blessed and I know that God has a plan. We have faith in Him and we will have faith in His timing. This is getting us closer and closer to raising all of the funds needed to bring home Clayton's Brother or Sister. We still need to raise the $3000 for the Hand in Hand Matching grant. (**See below for information on how you can submit a donation.) We have had a few donations and I know there are a few more coming.

**Please send all tax deductible donations made payable to “Hand in Hand Christian Adoption” postmarked by September 28th, 2012  to: (for tax purposes please include our name on the outside of the envelope only…do not put our name on the check itself)

Hand in Hand Christian Adoption, Inc.      
Matthew & Amanda Lawson
18318 Mimosa Court                                                                                                                                 Gardner, KS  66030          

We have lots of things going on and a few more things coming up. We are looking at doing a spaghetti dinner or chili supper at home and in Louisville in the next couple of months. We will be doing another yard sale in 3 weeks and I am looking for donations of items for a auction. If anyone out there is willing to donate a tablet type device (Ipad, Samsung tablet etc.) let me know. We would love to do a raffle in conjunction with some of our other functions.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night! I know we are!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment