Friday, March 2, 2012

The sweetest thing...

The sweetest thing happened today.

We have started what we are calling our "Forever Family Fund" in a bank that Clayton received for Christmas. Clayton and I decorated it with stickers and took the change that we had been saving in our pickle jar and put it in our new bank. It was a total of $14.

That was a couple of days ago and Clayton had not paid a lot of attention to it until today. Today we had some really bad weather, tornado warnings etc. So I wasn't thinking about the adoption or our fund. I had told Clayton to get his stuffed animals out of his room that he wanted and then sit in the hallway - our safe place during severe weather. Then the next thing I see is Clayton standing in front of me and handing me $16. He said, "Mommy, I want this to go in our Family Fund." My mouth dropped and I was in shock. I was so caught off guard, I couldn't figure out what to say. I told him to put it back in his bank and he told me no, he wanted this money to go to helping our family fund. I almost cried, I gave him a big hug and let him put the money in the bank. 

He is so excited about the idea of a baby in our family that he wants to do whatever he can to help. everytime we get change from buying something he tells me, to put it in the family fund. With him we may be able to save more money. :) He even said today that maybe we could set up a table and ask people as they come by to donate their change.  All I can do is smile when I think about what he did today. What a generous and sweet little guy that we are raising. I love this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment